We debuted this feature last week, so this is our second 20 questions with… and this week we’ve got the legend that is @ourrachblogs. Ahhh, how to describe Rachel? Well, lets use her own words shall we? She says she’s a “blogger, writer, ranter, reality TV addict” and yet anyone who interacts with her knows she’s so much more. She’s a damn fine writer, a breath of fresh air on Twitter, but claims if you follow her “you may regret hitting that follow button.” We reckon it’ll be one of the best things you’ll do.
Anyway, enough of my yakkin’, whaddaya say? Let’s boogie!
Twenty questions with @OurRachBlogs
1. Give us three words others would use to describe you.
Rubbish at replying. And it’s true, I’m terrible at replying to texts etc. In my head I’ve done it but in actual fact it’ll take me a week to get it done.
2. What’s your favourite spot in your home and why?
My bed. If I could live my life from it I would, it’s my office, my safe space and the most comfortable place on earth. I have some of my best ideas in bed.
3. What, if anything, makes you cry?
Sad films/dramas and last week; Coronation Street (MY GOD I CRIED MY EYES OUT). I’m not one to cry at real life stuff but if you sit me in front of The Notebook I’ll bawl like a baby and it ain’t pretty.
4. Dogs or cats?
Cats. They’re independent, relatively low maintenance and love a cuddle every now and again; on their terms of course. I can’t be dealing with the neediness of dogs.
5. What’s your favourite smell?
Pizza. Or toast and marmite. It’ll always be food related. I’d love to say it’s some sort of expensive perfume but I’d be lying.
6. Romeo and Juliet: worlds greatest love story between two kindred, star-crossed souls, or an inappropriate 3 day relationship between a 13, and 18 year old?
Good question! I guess when you put it like that it is a bit inappropriate isn’t it. I bloody love the Leonardo DiCaprio film though and I listen to the soundtrack ALL THE TIME.
7. Who’d play you in the film of your life?
8. Which phrase do you most overuse?
Do I need to keep it clean? I swear A LOT. If I’m not allowed to swear then it would be “Jesus Tonight, Barry” if I’m shocked at something.
9. What keeps you awake at night?
My 3 year old. And last night a dodgy toe that caused a huge amount of pain every time the duvet touched it.
10. Five star hotel with champagne, or VW camper and a beer?
Champers & the 5 star hotel please. Although I’d go for beer in a 3 star hotel at a push.
11. You’re on Death Row. We don’t know why but it’s a miscarriage of justice and Bruce Willis will come in and break you free, but what’s your meal choice?
Roast lamb &, all the trimmings; a shed load of mint sauce, an abundance of gravy, as many roast potatoes as I can pile up on my plate, washed down with a really nice Pinot Grigio. I’d have Sara Lee chocolate gateaux (all to myself) after, it reminds me of having it as a kid for a treat. I’d stick a load of cream on it too, for good measure. No calorie counting needed if I’m about to meet the chair is there?
12. Who’s been the most inspiring person in your life, past or present?
I can’t pinpoint one person so I’m going to cheat slightly here but strong women who have overcome adversity, challenges, heartache and personal struggles and made a huge success of their lives; they’re inspirational to me.
13. If money was no object and you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Las Vegas. I’d watch Britney Spears live in concert, she’d pull me up on stage and we’d put on the show of a lifetime. We’d probably become bezzies after and everything.
14. Do you believe in ghosts or an afterlife?
I like to think there’s something out there, it feels slightly comforting to know life as we know it may go on in a way, however, the cynic in me won’t buy into it completely.
15. Children aside, what’s your greatest personal achievement so far, and why?
Recovering from a breakdown and coming back stronger, that feels like a pretty amazing achievement as I really wasn’t well at all.
My blog has brought a huge amount of pride, having a place where I can write about anything and everything, knowing it might help someone or perhaps make a person laugh is a great feeling.
16. Name a guilty pleasure, musically speaking, if you please.
The aforementioned Britney Spears could probably fall within the guilty pleasure realm.
17. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life which would it be?
The dictionary. It sounds a little sad (OK, A LOT sad) but I’ve a thirst for words. I love expanding my vocab and to tell you the truth, I’m not really much of a reader, especially of fiction (which my Mum can’t understand considering I love to write).
18. Your favourite childhood memory?
Holidaying with my family and our friends. Great times in sunny Menorca, my heart swells whenever I think back to those days. I had not a care in the world and would laugh all day, every day. I’d go back in a heartbeat, even just for a day.
19. Would you rather be the funniest person in the room or the most intelligent?
Funniest, every single time. I’ll never be the most intelligent person but I like to think I can make someone laugh if I’m in a room with them. Perhaps at me and not with me but hey, they laughed didn’t they?
20. Daddy or chips?
I’m not a huge lover of chips (they get a bit boring after the 3rd) so it’d have to be Daddy. Depending on what mood he’s in.
You can find out more about Rachel by reading her blog ourrachblogs.com and we at ZmG HQ would like to offer our thanks to Rachel for taking part. Next week, it’s @jaimeoliveruk, and if you want to take part, please let us know.